World Traffic 3 Update Page
MAC Users - Note that the Mac version does not run for many users for often more than about 30 minutes. If
you find that it crashes, disable sounds from the World Traffic Preferences menu as there appears to be
some type of sound conflict with the latest version of X-Plane. You won't get any sound but at least
it will run. I'll have to rewrite the sound engine using a different sound API some time in the new year.
Notes for buyers:
- People who ordered World Traffic 2
after March. 2017 (order number greater than 410000) get WT3 for free.
Just download from below and install and you're set.
- People who ordered World Traffic 2 before March get WT3
at a discount for $10. You should see the coupon if you click
World Traffic 2 in your account download center on the left side.
- New users will have to buy the key at full price from the
X-Plane.org store. Download WT3 from the org store after you buy
your key or download it from here and use your new key to activate it.
- Anyone can download updates from this page
below as they are created. You can download the full installer as well
but it will only run in evaluation mode and is limited to 15 flight
plans unless you have a new key.
Get the Quick Start guide below
which includes setup instructions: NOTE:
USE NEW INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FOR AIRCRAFT AND FLIGHT
SCHEDULES. There is no more RealRoutes.zip file as mentioned in
Get the World Traffic Technical Manual below:
See the excellent video tutorial on installation and setup here by Captain K-Man:
WORLD TRAFFIC 3 APPLICATION
Get the World Traffic 3 installer for the PC using the link below.
Extract the installer from the zip file and run it. The Mac
version will be coming shortly with the linux version to follow in a
Installers (Windows Only!):
WT3 Installer - The full installer for WT 3.1.9
- Run this to update to WT 3.1.9 only if you already have any previous version of WT3
installed. See release notes below for changes.
Zip Files for
Mac or Linux (or Windows if you're having problems with the Windows
installer or updater or bogus complaints from virus scanners):
WT3 Full Package
- Read the read_me.txt file for
installation instructions. WT 3.1.9
WT3 Update - Downlaod this to update to WT 3.1.9 if you have any previsou version of WT3 installed. Read the read_me.txt file for
AI AIRCRAFT and FLIGHT SCHEDULES
Aircraft and flight schedules (formerly known as RealRoutes.zip) have been put together by this awesome
group of people. Get them all here after you have installed WT3:
Aircraft and Flight Schedules
Release Notes (see bug/feature list here for desrcription of bugs): Bug/Feature List
- Added support for new serial number key
- Bug fixes to read serial number key correctly if there was no carriage return at the end of the line
- Bug fix for bug #3 -
ground routes were not being generated for some airports and could only
be generated a few times in a row before not working
- Issue #5 - The mouse wheel isn't recognized by X-Plane after the
command menu is opened - appears that it is eating mouse commands even
- Issue #16 - The setting for aircraft type in the apt.dat file was
overwriting the value set in the parking assignments window.
- Issue #17 - Increased size allowed for ground route names as some
names were being truncated.
- Issue #21 - Allow airport ICAO names to be entered in lower case in Flight Setup window like on other windows.
- Issue #22 - Allow option to generate parking spot for those defined as type "misc" if they're all like that for an airport.
- Issue #24 - Add sliders to set how many GA/Military flights to add at arr/dep
airports.... value will be overridden by what's entered in the airport
- Issue #27 - GA planes at some airports landing to side of runways.
- Issue #28 - Lower takeoff distance requirements slightly as ground routes were not
being found sometimes for planes that were borderline like like B738s at CYQR.
- Issue #29 - Ground routes were not being generated sometimes for airports when
switching to a new airport and then opening the Flight Setup window.
- Issue #32 - Fixes
the problem where ground route files could not be generated if the
parking spot name had a colon in it... resulted in Error 2 - thanks
to Schwammtuch for finding that one.
- Issue #31 - The GA traffic sliders now work for airports that don't have scheduled airline flights.
- Issue #33 - Place aircraft on SIDs on resynch if they are early in the departure phase.
- Issue #34 - Parking
Assignments Status added in Key Command menu - this is useful for
debugging. You can quickly scroll through the parking spots and
see how they are defined and if they are in use or have arriving,
departing, or parked planes. For the next update, you'll be able
to hit the Enter key and the track cam will take you to that parking
- Issue #20 - Fixes
the problem with planes stuck in a clump at the end of a runway for
airports outside of visual range of user... planes are now hidden when
parked in an undefined locations.
- Minor performance improvements.
- Issue #35 - Some commerical aircraft add-ons seem to be ignored by WT AI planes on the ground.
- Issue #36 - Some small GA airports don't get any generated GA flights no matter what GA slider is set to.
- Issue #37 - Mismatch between Flight Info for Airport row data and detailed data for auto-generated flights
- Issue #30 - Add support for a key to open the Flight Setup window
- Issue #37 - Mismatch between Flight Info for Airport row data and detailed data for auto-generated flights - this time for sure
- Issue #38 - Some airports not getting aircraft parked for all gates at an airport like KATL.
3.0.13/14/15 Changes - 3.0.15 - fixes the pause problem in 3.0.14
- Added Mac and Linux plugins
- Issue #39 - improved approaches for smaller aircraft
- Issue #40 - Improve aircraft touchdowns in regrards to smoothness and touchdown points for flat and sloped runways.
- Issue #41 - Shorten required runway lengths for generating ground routes by a few hundred meters for all aircraft types.
- Issue #42 - Check alternate operator when trying to find arrival ground routes.
- Issue #43 - Add back in terrain avoidance checks on final approach but allow lower clearance altitude.
This is a major update with some cool new features. The
manuals have all been updated so make sure to check out the applicable
sections in the quick startup guide and the technical manuals.
First off, lots of code oprtimization has been done so that the
AFRE_Real_Traffic region can now be used to provide real flight
schedules without performance problems like the stutrers. I'd
recommend using this over the AFRE Thurrsday region or auto-generated
traffic except for places in Asia and Africa where real flight
schedules are missing lots of flights.
When using the AFRE_Real_Traffic region, now all aircraft positions can
be determined precisely so you won't see incorrect planes parked at
gates, planes being swapped out for others or appearing at empty gates
if the airport layout is setup correctly. You will now see planes
parked as expected based on the real world flight schedules.
Since all AFRE flights have an aircraft tail number, the plane
land, park at a gate and the next departing flight with that same tail
number will leave from the same gate. Aircraft setup will take
longer when you are creating flights as WT needs to look at every
aircraft in the created flights to determine if the plane is in flight
or to determine what airport it should be parked at. You can
still use auto-generated flights if you don't care about any of this
and don't want to wait for aircraft positions to be determined.
A description of the other new changes is below:
3.1.3 / 3.1.4 Changes
- Issue #13 - Got rid of stutter with a lot of traffic ... users
can probably now use full AFRE_Real_Traffic region now without issues.
- Issue #44 - Display errors and warnings after flights are created so user knows
what settings they may have set incorrectly or if they're missing
planes or if running in eval mode.
- Issue #45 - View the gate in track camera view when the user hits the ENTER key on
one of the gates in the "Display Parking Assignments" menu option under
the key command menu.
- Issue #46 - Add workaround to deal with issues with XP11 betas where frame rates
would drop if you tried to enable plugin control of AI aircraft for
- Issue #47 - Don't load approaches for non-specific runways like at KLGA.
- Issue #48 - Fixed auto approaches for planes not heading to runway after completing
a STAR so they fly out a few miles before heading into land instead of
diving immediately towards the runways like what was happening at KLAS.
- Issue #49 - Make planes brake harder on landing if their exit off the runway is
close and normal braking will result in an overshoot of the exit.
- Issue #50 - Using AFRE_Real_Flight region now enables all planes to be parked with
certainty at their correct airports meaning you should see the planes
you expect at an airport based on the AFRE real-world schedules. Since
all AFRE flights have an aircraft tail number, the plane will land,
park at a gate and the next departing flight with that same tail number
will leave from the same gate.
- Issue #51 - In the Flight Information for Airport window, flights with the same
tail number will be hilighted in the oppposite column so you can which
arrival flight corresponds to the departing flight.
- Issue #52 - Commandeer an AI flight. Added a new key called "Designate" which
allows the user to take control of an AI flight. Flight info will be
copied into the user's flight information in the Flight Setup window.
- Issue #53 - No runway selected for departure if all are too short.
- Issue #54 - Fix bug where ATC sometimes gives wrong taxi instructions
- Issue #55 - Fixes problems where sometimes planes would not show up after resynch when switching airports.
- Issue #56 - Added Preference to disable window showing flight creation and warning info.
- Issue #57 - Added About menu.
- Issue #58 - Leave aircraft nav and logo lights on longer after parking (45 min instead of 15 min).
- Issue #59 - Changed resynch key to work the same as "Create Flights" button on the Flight Setup window.
- Issue #60 - Planes for auto-generated flights should shut down engines immediately after resynch.
- Issue #61 - Priority to select ground routes based on match on both operator and type broken in latest build - Fixed.
- Issue #63 - Color code user aircraft file in Flight Information for Airport window and radar display
- Issue #64 - Add registration window
- Issue #65 - Display warning when creating flights if Navigraph data is not present
- Issue #66 - Fixed crashing issue if no Navigraph data was installed
- Issue #62 - User plane sometimes not appearing on radar.
- Issue #18 - Sometimes ground route creation process kept
repeating - was doing this if ground routes could not be created the
- Support runways with displaced thresholds when generating departure ground routes.
- Display missing aircraft in displayed (and written)
flight generation log and only log error once instead of constantly
which was causing stutters.
- Changed number of operators in ground route file and parking defs to 40.
departure ground routes are generated now, a ground route is generated
to both the start of the runway (new) and to the displaced threshold
(how it's currently done). Now the ground routes going to the
displaced threshold have the text DTHR added in the ground route
name. Most of the time, planes should take off at the beginning
of the runway so you normally you'll want to delete the DTHR routes but
they're there in case you want them. For example at LIRQ, you
will get two departure ground routes generated as follows:
first one will have the plane taxi all the way up the start of the
displaced threshold before taking off. The second one will have
the plane takeoff as soon as it taxis onto the runway. You'd want
to delete the first ground route normally. As usual planes, still
land on the displaced threshold so there are no separate arrival ground