F-35A for Flight Dynamix and Consumer Version for X-Plane
The F-35A now has been delivered to the customer, Flight Dynamix, who uses it as part of a complete F-35 cockpit simulator.
For more information on the Flight Dynamix F-35 cockpit system, see their web site here:
- Built-in Fly-by-Wire system with auto flap and combination speed-brake control
- Accurate flight model - the
plugin tunes engine thrust and drag coefficient dynamically so you get
correct sustained turn rates as well as accurate landing speeds, AOA
values, and stall speeds. The F-35 apparently performs like an
F-16 with wing tanks so I've used the flight model characteristics from
our F-16 to build the F-35 flight model.
- Advanced air-to-air HUD with several missile and gun modes.
- Air-to-ground HUD GPS-guided JDAM bombs, anti-radiation missile mode and legacy CCIP/CCRP bombing modes.
- Tail hook, drag chute and front refueling probe. The latter two are extras required by Australia, Canada, and Norway
- Navigation, ILS, and terrain avoidance HUD modes
- Custom KC-10 with realistic refueling functions.
- Advanced sound engine with
realistic external and internal sounds. Fly by the tower at M1.0 and
you'll hear a sonic boom. I'm very happy with these new sound effects.
The plane sounds quite real in external views, much more so than
X-Plane currently supports.
- Will work with my new X-Combat plugin... see separate thread on that in the plugins forum.
- Custom loadout menu so you can select a variety of weapons not just in the default X-Plane configuration.
- Several paint schemes with normal maps and nice external and internal lighting
- Custom engine module to give
accurate accelerations, takeoff speeds, climb rates, turn rates, and
correct supersonic acceleration and level speed numbers
- Custom engine, fuel, electrical and hydraulic systems with support for the Integrated Power Package (IPP)
- Emergency failure selection window lets you fail specific systems at various altitudes, times, speeds, or randomly
- Battle damage - various parts of the plane can become damaged by SAMs with visual damage displayed
Here's a screenshot of the HUD in JDAM bombing mode:
Here are some screenshots showing the F-35 in the RAAF colors of our customer: